Saturday, December 09, 2006

Cineclassix Redesign

Cineclassix is my own german movie-portal, at which I discuss new and old movies, provide links and feeds and will later provide articles describing movie-history as well.
It is based on the free content-management-system Joomla! and has at the time a provided standard design.

But I want to change the design as soon as possible - that is a screenshot, how it should look like:


As you can see, I tried to play with the different contrasts between orange, grey, black and a kind of red.
The girl in the banner is Alexis Bledel as Becky in the movie Sin City from director Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller. I like this movie because of its visual design in black and white (to illustrate the comics) and some coloured parts (her blue eyes). To focus on her eyes I tried to keep the rest of the banner simple. Besides that, I can focus on the content as well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home